The much anticipated 2019 Gold Coast Magic Millions Carnival will take place in January with the exciting Gold Coast Magic Millions race day falling on Saturday 12th January 2019 at the picturesque Gold Coast racecourse in Queensland.
Offer $10M in prizemoney for participants, the 2019 Magic Millions Raceday is Australia’s richest race meeting, ranking in the world’s top 10, as part of a seven-year partnership until 2022 in an exciting racing initiative for the Magic Millions Racing Queensland Summer Carnival.
The Magic Millions carnival is held annually each January and has become an integral part of the Australian racing calendar and injects around $90 million-plus into the local economy.
High profile buyers from around the world, as well as leading Australian trainers, descend on the Gold Coast Sale each January. Yearlings purchased from the sale often go on to become elite gallopers at the highest level before becoming valuable stallions and broodmares after retirement.
The $2,000,000 Magic Millions 2YO Classic and $2,000,000 Magic Millions 3YO Guineas are the highlights of Magic Millions raceday on Saturday 12th January 2019 at the Gold Coast race track, with only graduates of the Magic Millions Sales eligible to contest each event.
A total of 9 races will be held on 2019 Gold Coast Magic Millions race day at the Gold Coast in Queensland with a total of $10,000,000 in prizemoney on offer.
|Race Name||Prizemoney||Distance||Race Type|
|Magic Millions 2YO Classic||$1,940,000||1200m||2yo|
|Magic Millions 3YO Guineas||$1,940,000||1400m||3yo|
|Magic Millions Sprint||$970,000||1200m||3yo&Up|
|Magic Millions Cup||$970,000||1400m||Quality|
|Magic Millions Trophy||$970,000||2200m||Quality|
|Magic Millions Fillies & Mares||$970,000||1300m||F&M|
|Magic Millions QTIS Open||$970,000||1300m||Quality|
|Magic Millions Maiden||$242,500||1200m||3yo&Up|
|Magic Millions Country Cup||$242,500||1200m||Quality|
Saturday 13th January 2019 - Gold Coast Racecourse
All races on the Magic Millions program are restricted to horses nominated to the Magic Millions Race Series, with the Magic Millions 2YO Classic, 3YO Guineas and Magic Millions Cup holding Restricted Listed status.
As part of the Magic Millions Racing Women’s initiative, an additional $500,000 in bonus prizemoney is on offer in the Magic Millions 2YO Classic, to the first four all female owned or leased horses past the post.
The supplied Magic Millions race day details are not official and we highly recommend you visit the official Magic Millions website to ensure the the most up-to-date information.
The Gold Coast race track has very short runs to the first turn from the 1000m and 1200m starts, and slightly longer runs for the 1300m and 1400m starts which is where most races on Magic Million's day commence from. The Stayer's Cup begins from the 1800m chute which has a reasonable run to the first turn.
Racing at the Gold Coast is clockwise and the track circumference is 1885 metres, while the staight length is 400 metres which provides a good run home.
Classy Zoustar filly Sunlight overcame a wide gate to score an outstanding two lengths victory in the 2018 Magic Millions 2YO Classic. Trained at Kildalton Park in Adelaide by Tony McEvoy and ridden by quality jockey Luke Currie, Sunlight proved a class above for her rivals providing a popular result for punters.
In second place was Stuart Kendrick's impressive Sepoy colt Fullazaboot, ridden by Tye Angland, with Tony Gollan's talented Spirit Of Boom filly Outback Barbie, piloted by Jim Byrne, finishing in third place.
Sunlight ran the 2017 Magic Millions 2YO Classic in a time of 1:09.17 for the 1200m trip.
1. $4.00 Sunlight 55.0 Luke Currie
2. $101.00 Fullazaboot 57.0 Tye Angland
3. $26.00 Outback Barbie 55.0 Jim Byrne
4. $4.20 Ef Troop 57.0 Matthew McGillivray
5. $20.00 Secret Lady 55.0 Ben Melham
6. $17.00 Bondi 57.0 Blake Shinn
7. $41.00 Whiskey Shooter 55.0 Tim Clark
8. $26.00 Legislation 57.0 Damian Browne
9. $61.00 Anthemoessa 55.0 Jordan Childs
10. $41.00 Quackerjack 57.0 Koby Jennings
11. $61.00 Skyray 57.0 Jason Collett
12. $26.00 Meryl 55.0 Christian Reith
13. $61.00 Witherspoon 55.0 Corey Brown
14. $10.00 Nomothaj 55.0 Stephen Baster
15. $41.00 Crockett 57.0 Jamie Kah
16. $4.80 Jonker 57.0 Hugh Bowman
Margins: 2 len, 0.3 len
Capitalist (2016) went on to win the Gr1 Golden Slipper Stakes at Rosehill in March to become the first colt ever to claim the Magic Millions 2yo Classic & Golden Slipper Stakes double.
Emerging Pierro colt Pierata breezed home to win the Magic Millions 3yo Guineas for three-year-olds on the Gold Coast. Ridden by Corey Brown and trained at Warwick Farm in Sydney by Gregory Hickman, the three-year-old ran the 1400m trip in a time of 1:21.02.
Runner-up was Bjorn Baker's Snitzel colt Goodfella, with Jason Collett aboard, while Chris Waller's Calculated, a son of So You Think and ridden by Hugh Bowman, ran third.
1. $2.80 Pierata 57.0 Corey Brown
2. $9.50 Goodfella 56.5 Jason Collett
3. $13.00 Calculated 56.0 Hugh Bowman
4. $8.50 Whypeeo 56.5 Blake Shinn
5. $81.00 Saint Patricks Day 56.5 Ron Stewart
6. $5.50 Sasso Corbaro 54.0 Damien Oliver
7. $21.00 Shogun Sun 56.0 Damian Browne
8. $14.00 Wild Heart 56.0 Brenton Avdulla
9. $301.00 Pinch Passion 56.0 Christian Reith
10. $26.00 Smartedge 56.0 Tye Angland
11. $51.00 Cellargirl 54.5 Michael Walker
12. $18.00 Bel Sonic 56.0 Ben Melham
13. $101.00 Curdled 56.5 Jim Byrne
14. $81.00 Magnufighter 56.0 Jamie Kah
15. $31.00 I Am Impinge 56.0 Jeff Lloyd
16. $41.00 Lady Of Crebilly 54.0 Regan Bayliss
Margins: 1.5 len, 1.25 len
Australia's major racing carnivals can be found below including Melbourne and Sydney autumn and spring carnivals, along with Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Tasmania.
3yo&Up: Three-year-old an upwards
F&M Hcp: Fillies and Mares handicap
SR: Stakes Race
RR: Eligible only by Magic Millions purchase